The ultimate aim of any marketing department, whether in e-commerce, CRM, or loyalty teams, is to drive sales, a task that has become increasingly challenging in today’s crowded retail market.
With mounting costs for acquiring new customers and the impending elimination of cookies, marketing teams recognize the importance of retaining existing customers.
A successful marketing strategy must prioritize the consumer and their preferences, but this requires collecting unique, zero-party data which can be difficult to obtain.
According to a recent consumer survey, a large proportion of consumers (42%) are less likely to do business with brands that do not personalize their communications, while over half (54%) are willing to provide their data in exchange for tailored offers and promotions.
Personalization has become the key for consumers to have an interactive and customer-centric shopping experience. Gone are the days of generic text messages or abandoned cart emails, customers now expect brands to understand their needs, motivations, and intent.
To do this, brands must ask the right questions to understand their customer’s needs and intent, this allows them to display the most relevant products for each visitor on their website.
Adaptive, personalized experiential customer journeys can provide these insights, capturing valuable zero-party customer data, leading to several benefits.
- Reducing bounce rates
- Increasing repeat purchases
- Creating loyal customers
- Identifying customers’ needs and intent
- Helping the brand gain an edge over its competition
Through personalized, interactive, and consumer-driven digital experiences, brands can put the right products in front of their customers, gaining consent data and using it to drive tailored, adaptive marketing communications.
- Emails can be tailored to show only product categories or style preferences, the customer has shared
- Homepage and loyalty login page can display personalized product recommendations, based on the data shared by the user
- Providing relevant tips and tricks that align with the user’s shopping journey
- Sharing fun, insightful quarterly or end-of-year wrap-ups on customers’ preferences and
purchase history, including recommended products for the next quarter or year.
Want to know if customer data acquisition and audience engagement solution is right for your brand? Contact us